I know you have been trying your best in order to live a healthy life, but I also know the feeling of wanting to indulge sometimes with food. I understand that – we need to satisfy our cravings from time to time and reward ourselves when we actually deserve it.
How does eating a delectable meal without feeling guilty about it sound to you? Isn’t that what everyone who is watching their weight dreams about? Well, I sure do!
Personally, I really like shrimp. It is not the most healthy alternative, but it won’t hurt if you eat in moderation from time to time. I also love pasta, but as much as I can I try to avoid it because as you may already know, carbs. But don’t fret, we can make it work with this recipe I have in store for you!
After reading this, make sure to take a screenshot of the ingredients in case you would be needing to run to the grocery store.
Here is a list of what you will be needing:
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil (because it isn’t really a pasta dish when you don’t have your good ole’ olive oil!)
- a sprinkle of Balsamic vinegar (this recipe is a cross between a pasta and a salad – you’ll love it, trust me!)
- ½ clove of fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ tablespoon of basil, dried and chopped to bits
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, minced to pieces
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 2 cups of cooked eggplant
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 4 ounces of cooked shrimp
- 1 cup of cooked whole-grain pasta (you may check out health stores or your local supermarket for this. This is a healthier option than your regular pasta.)
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- finally, salt and pepper to taste
In a pan, lightly drizzle olive oil and put all the raw vegetables and cooked vegetables in, add the cooked veggies, add the cooked shrimp, and add all the condiments. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper. Plate and add Parmesan cheese on top!