Who among you here loves breakfast food? Like if you can have it for lunch and dinner, you would?
Well, here is an exciting recipe for you. It’s simply poached eggs with spicy tomato sauce. It’s healthy, delicious, and easy to prepare. Add in a bit of feta cheese and serve it with pita bread and voila, you’ve got yourself a delicious meal.
Here are the key ingredients you will be needing:
- 3 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 can of whole plum tomatoes with juice, chop it coarsely
- ¾ teaspoon of salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper to taste
- 1 and ¼ cups of crumbled feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- Cilantro, chopped
- Hot sauce
Heat up your oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Heat up the oil in a large skillet under medium-low heat. Add in your onions and bell pepper, cook it for about 20 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Next, mix in cumin, paprika, and cayenne – cook for a minute.
Add in the tomatoes and season it with ¾ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes thicken. Add in the crumbled feta cheese.
Next, crack the eggs into a skillet over the tomatoes – add salt and pepper. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until the eggs are set. Top it off with cilantro and add in hot sauce.
To make it more fun, get ½ of whole-grain pita bread. Yum!