Losing interest on the new diet plan is common. This happen 2 to 4 weeks after the New Year. We are all excited to have that NEW YEAR , NEW YOU plan then the interest starts to go down once we feel a bit of change in our waistline. There is confidence that we will hit our target anyway so we start eating a little bit here and there. Until we totally stop and the pounds begin to pile up again.
So how to do we re-ignite our interest again?
Think about why you started in the first place. Was it to have a better looking body? To have more energy? To improve your health? When the goal is strong enough, then getting focused is easier.
I have set many weight and health goals all these years. From the time when I was 24 yrs old, to having 2 children and losing all the 40 lbs after each pregnancy. Even for some health goals to recover from health challenges, I was able to reach them because I took the necessary steps.
How do you bounce back?
- FIND OUT WHY YOU STOPPED- Did you stop because you got distracted by a lot of activities happening in your life? This is the common reason why we stop.
- RE-SET YOUR GOAL- Write down your goal. What is your physique goal ? Weigh yourself again. Take your before picture. Set a 21 day goal to change your habit. Challenge yourself.
- START KEEPING TRACK- You can do this by measuring and weighing yourself. Also by taking your picture weekly. By tracking weekly you will be able to stay focused. Accountability is one of the reasons why we succeed.
- JOIN A GROUP OF LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE – Join a support group where you can learn about nutrition, exercise so you can get information and inspiration. No man is an island. We all need everyone to reach our goals. Now that we are in pandemic, the support groups are in messenger groups, zoom calls and other online chat groups. Join them and ask questions.
5. GET A COACH TO KICK YOUR ASS – Any champion has a coach. No gold medalist succeeded by themselves. Ask any champion in Olympics or any competitive sports . They all have coaches thats why they got the gold.
Remember that having persistency and a big desire to succeed are necessary to reach whatever goals we set for ourselves.