I will let you in for some personal anti-ageing secret. I have been a big fan of collagen. I take a collagen supplement everyday to maintain a healthy and youthful-looking skin.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It is a naturally occurring protein that holds the whole body together. This protein is also necessary to keep skin tight and flexible, because its fibers allow the skin to bounce back easily after it is pulled.
But as we age, our body starts to produce less and less of it. Thus, you will notice sagging as the skin gives in to gravity. Other factors that affect collagen production in the body include sunlight, smoking and high sugar consumption.
I have drafted some of the benefits of taking collagen supplements, so you may enjoy the results like I do:
1. Collagen helps the body regenerate on its own by providing the necessary building blocks for tissue repair, which may lead to having tighter skin.
2. Collagen can also improve sleep quality. It helps give a deeper and better sleep experience, too. Sleep, as you know, is essential in having a good skin. Bad quality sleep leads to faster aging of the skin.
3. Collagen also acts like agents working to re-establish the health of the intestinal lining to address leaky gut. A lot of people experience leaky gut nowadays. Some of the symptoms include bloating, indigestion and feeling tired most of time than usual.
4. Collagen also helps maintain the moisture of the skin. Aside from enhancing the elasticity of the skin, it also penetrates the deeper part of the skin, which is the dermis, and slows down the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Collagen improves the function of the outermost part of the epidermis, which leads to improvement in the suppleness of the skin.
Now you know one of my many skin care secrets. Next time, I will tell you how to address beauty from the inside for longer, lasting results.